Pyrophyllite Market: Overview
- Pyrophyllite, Al2Si4O10(OH)2, is a very soft, pale-colored phyllosilicate mineral composed of aluminum silicate hydroxide. It is found in two forms: crystalline folia and compact masses.
Read report Overview-
- Pyrophyllite has a sheet-like structure comprising two silicate layers sandwiched between a gibbsite layer
- Pyrophyllite is available in white, yellow, light green, red, or blue shades. Physical properties of pyrophyllite include low warm conductivity and low coefficient of advancement and protection from erosion from liquid metals. Pyrophyllite also displays high twisting obstruction.
- Pyrophyllite is used in a wide range of applications including filler in pesticides, cosmetics, rubber, paper, bleaching soap, and paints
- Pyrophyllite is available in the form of lumps. These lumps have low PH value, high whiteness, and high content of aluminum.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Rise in Demand for Refractories to Drive Pyrophyllite Market
- Growth in the construction industry due to rapid urbanization and increasing population is likely to drive the demand for iron & steel and related products. Demand for steel is also increasing in oil & gas, consumer goods, automotive, construction, and other industries. This is expected to drive the refectory market. Increase in demand for refractories is anticipated to boost the demand for pyrophyllite during the forecast period.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –
- Rise in demand for cast metal products in the automotive industry is expected to propel the foundry industry, thereby augmenting the demand for pyrophyllite, which is an important component in foundry
- Growth in new residential construction sector owing to faster housing completions is an indirect factor projected to augment the demand for pyrophyllite in the near future
- Availability of cost-effective substitutes such as quartz and volatility in prices of raw materials are anticipated to hamper the global pyrophyllite market in the near future
- The global pyrophyllite market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID 19 pandemic. Disruption of supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage also raises the prices of raw materials. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
High Grade Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on grade, the global pyrophyllite market can be bifurcated into high and low
- In terms of volume, the high segment held larger share of the global pyrophyllite market in 2019. High grade pyrophyllite is widely used in refractories & foundries and ceramics.
Ceramic Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the global pyrophyllite market can be divided into refractory & foundry, ceramics, fillers, and others
- In terms of volume, the ceramics segment constituted significant share of the global pyrophyllite market in 2019. The segment is expected to expand at a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period.
- Pyrophyllite is widely used in ceramic blends due to its low thermal expansion and shrinkage properties. It is also employed in various ceramic products including electrical porcelain, wall tiles, and sanitary ware.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Dominant Share of Global Pyrophyllite Market
- In terms of region, the global pyrophyllite market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold significant share of the global pyrophyllite market during the forecast period. Growth in demand for building & construction materials including sanitary ware, wall tiles, and paints in developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is the key driver driving the market in the region.
- Demand for refractories is likely to increase in North America and Europe during the forecast period. The U.S. constituted key share of the pyrophyllite market in North America in 2019, led by rise in demand for iron & steel products in the country.
Key Players in Market
The global pyrophyllite market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global pyrophyllite market seek to enter into partnership agreements for the development of innovative products.
Major players operating in the global pyrophyllite market include:
- R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc.
- Anand Talc
- Bud Chemicals and Minerals
- Chirag Minerals
- Kamlesh Minerals
- Trinity Resources Ltd.
- Tsuchihashi Mining Co., Ltd.a